~Cold Regions of the World~
-Jr. FLL Neverending Season
Week 1: Different Locations
- Color in a map with some of the coldest places in the world picked out
- How do you think your life would be different if you lived in a very cold area?
Week 2: Penguins
- Swedish Fish Eating Contest
~Nothing says happiness quite like swedish fish!
- Fun Facts About Penguins
- Penguin Races
~Practice waddling like a penguin! You may want to have the children just run on
Their own while waddling or have them wear a large pair of pants to help them
Week 3: Cold Ocean Mammals (whales, orcas, ect.)
- Blubber Project
~ wrap your hand in Crisco and see if it protects you from the cold!
- Animal Atlas
~ print out a map and color in the areas where the different adaptive mammals live. Here is a great resource on the various animals:
Week 4: Fish
- Water Bottle Fish Craft
- Fish in Cold Water
- Can Fish Freeze in Cold Water?
Week 5: Mammals That live on the Land
- Arctic Animals
- Color in a Lemming
Week 6: Plants
- Can plants live in the Arctic?
- Learn to Like Lichen!
Week 7: People Who Live in the Cold Areas
- How to build an igloo
- What is it like to live in the South Pole?
- Map the different stations and the countries they belong to on Antarctica